Fi-NRG

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fi-NRG

Post by ultraskool on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:44 am

Hi guys,

How is everyone going? Question today, "is Fi-NRG a proper genre as such or is it a variation of the Freeform genre' - that strangely Ishkur from www.di.fm doesn't list as an established 'Dance music genre' as such?

Is it short for 'Finnish NRG music' or a Finnish Freeform perhaps?

Over and out for the day.

Ravers unite! Maximum respect to the whole European Forces!
ultraskool
Turnip!
Turnip!

View user profile http://www.network54.com/Realm/happyhard

Back to top Go down

Re: Fi-NRG

Post by Dyzphazia on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:21 pm

To be honest, I doubt that FiNRG is a recognised genre. It doesn't suprise me its not listed...

They define themselves as a 'Finnish Hard Dance' record label, because they do NRG, Hard Trance, Freeform and the occasional Hardcore or D&B tune.

It's difficult to get anyone that's not into Hardcore previously to understand what Freeform is, to anyone who's not as involved as we are, it's just another subgenre of Hardcore.

I reckon that FiNRG probably stands for Finnish NRG. Remember that FiNRG and Finnish Hard Dance are mostly derived from a genre called 'Suomisaundi'. Which is a kind of Psytrance. If you think what alot of FiNRG stuff is, its hyped-up Psy. Where as UK Freeform is mainly based on Hard Trance and Hardcore // Trancecore.

Personally i'd like to define them as two different subgenres, but i doubt that the EDM world would agree.

Latest Mix:
Cuedy b2b Dyzphazia - Break for Freedom by Dyzphazia
Dyzphazia

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/user217150

Back to top Go down

Post by ultraskool on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:39 am

Now you've just touched on an important point in the formation of Freeform music! I reckon the Psytrance and darker, more Acid Hardkore sounds had a lot to do in this respect. Although I sometimes think of the Term "Hi-NRG" - could that have been a complete mixup somewhere along the way?? affraid
LOL
Dyzphazia wrote:

I reckon that FiNRG probably stands for Finnish NRG. Remember that FiNRG and Finnish Hard Dance are mostly derived from a genre called 'Suomisaundi'. Which is a kind of Psytrance. If you think what alot of FiNRG stuff is, its hyped-up Psy. Where as UK Freeform is mainly based on Hard Trance and Hardcore // Trancecore.

ultraskool
Turnip!
Turnip!

View user profile http://www.network54.com/Realm/happyhard

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyzphazia on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:13 pm

Isn't 'Hi-NRG' a gash type of Eurobeat? (Darren Styles, Clubland, etc..)

And yeah Psy had a massive influence in the formation of Finnish Freeform, thats why their sound is like it is.

Latest Mix:
Dyzphazia

Back to top Go down

Post by Denile on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Good question... I always thought the name 'FINRG' came about as a way of identifying the freeform which was pioneered out of Finland by the likes of Carbon Based, Alek Szahala etc.

That said, I think it is recognised nowadays as an 'official' sub-genre of hardcore/ freeform due to its popularity.

Could be wrong though Smile

Denile
Cabbage!
Cabbage!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyzphazia on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:13 pm

I think our Niché is too small to be recgonising subgenres to be honest. Hehe Smile

FINRG is the record label, always has been. Although, i do see your point, it is A style all of its own...

The thing with Freeform is, it is free of form. I know thats stating the obvious, but how can you allocate subgenres to a genre that has no real boundaries?

Latest Mix:
Dyzphazia

Back to top Go down

Post by Denile on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Dyzphazia wrote:The thing with Freeform is, it is free of form. I know thats stating the obvious, but how can you allocate subgenres to a genre that has no real boundaries?

Fair comment lol. Can't really argue with that at all Very Happy

Denile
Cabbage!
Cabbage!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: