Popping your Freeform cherry

Go down

Popping your Freeform cherry

Post by Stray on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:56 pm

For me it started at a rave. I was heaps into hard trance & hardhouse, and went to a rave with some mates. Near the smoking area there was a room with stupidly fast music, and people jumping around like maniacs. I went in for a bit, had a dance and asked someone what the music was. They said it was "Happy Hardcore". I didn't mind it but still preferred my hard dance, so went back to the main arena. Saw my fav DJ at the time (Pee Wee Ferris), wore myself out & had to have a smoke break. Figured I'd check that hardcore room again after my cig, so went in the music was different. Still as fast, but had the Trance sounds I loved. I was buggered so sat at the back for a bit and talked with some guy that told me it was Trancecore. The music was so good I got a 2nd wind and danced for like another 2 hours to it, and my mates didn't see me till back at the hotel. The rest, as they say, is history Razz

So, how did you guys 1st hear the music?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.freeformforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Popping your Freeform cherry

Post by Qygen on Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:28 pm

I remember in '98 when I was but just a wee one, going to the arcade and seeing Dance Dance Revolution for the first time, hearing PARANOiA as well as some other songs. It didn't really occur to me until a few years later to look for the songs on the internet, and learned about the genres. Then somehow I ended up at Moonshine Music before they dissolved, and looked around at their 'happy hardcore' section which to me sounded exactly like DDR music at the time. So being into DDR and all, I found a lot of the songs on sites like FFShrine that were up for download.

But I never was exposed to much freeform until I decided to search for the many different artists in Google and found one of Teranoid's albums (with the song which they collaborated with Betwixt & Between on). Then I browsed Betwixt's discogs and found Hardcore Syndrome 2, which sure enough, has quite a bit of interesting stuff on it from what I've heard on youtube...and searched THOSE artists...and so on and so forth. I don't know anybody that's been to a freeform or even a happy hardcore rave, and I've never been to one myself. All the music I know of comes from searching the internet.
Qygen
Turnip!
Turnip!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alex racket on Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Being into drum and bass when I was 16, just searching the web and stumbled across some breeze & styles tunes on myspace and though, what is this?? ("your my angel" I think it was) after hearing it went and bough some CD's, one them was Hardcore Heaven Vol.3 mixed by Sy, Brisk and Kevin energy, after putting listening to the first track on kev's CD I was hooked for life, still one of my fav CD's

alex racket
Cabbage!
Cabbage!

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/alex-racket

Back to top Go down

Post by archefluxx on Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:21 pm

15 years old, scoruing limewire for trance. Trance turned to hard trance, then hard trance turned to hardcore. And Hardcore is where my heart felt at home.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxUK

Back to top Go down

Post by beezee on Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:23 pm

for me it was a proteus set at goodgreefs 4th birthday at phillips park hall in manchester 2004, the venue is a massive mansion basically, was absolutely insane bounce
beezee
Squash!
Squash!

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/BEEZEE/342098682357?ref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by reTriever on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:09 pm

Haha Proteus pulled me on the scene too 8D
Friend played some proteus mixes for me late 2005 and 2006 i went to my first rave's where proteus was playing.. After that gig i was totally addicted for harder music and started to clubbing.. It was easy to get involved because artists like proteus and carbon based are from city where i live so there was many great rave's back those days Razz
reTriever
Turnip!
Turnip!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultraskool on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:32 pm

used to always tune into a Sydney based radio station known as 'CPX 99.9FM back in the early late 90s to early 2000's and they had DJ's who played some superb Freeform tunes. one of the memorable sets included a tune that goes something like:

"Drifting away, you can feel the melody, Far away places where I would like to be..."
ultraskool
Turnip!
Turnip!

View user profile http://www.network54.com/Realm/happyhard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down