Freeform
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nu Energy 100: The Final Chapter - Out Now!

+2
Dyzphazia
Hard Beats HQ
6 posters

Go down

Nu Energy 100: The Final Chapter - Out Now! Empty Nu Energy 100: The Final Chapter - Out Now!

Post by Hard Beats HQ Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:39 pm

The final chapter in freeform history is here! The big 100 from the longest standing underground record label has finally arrived and is at last here to send off the NEC’s legendary output with style! We are the only store to offer this mammoth release on limited edition CD as well as offering the bargain-priced download for sale. With this package you get 37 full-tracks + DJ mixes all for just £4.99 + VAT on download or £8.32 + VAT on limited edition CD. See the blurb below or head here to pick up your piece of freeform history straight away!

Nu Energy 100: The Final Chapter - Out Now! Nunrg100board

Nu Energy 100: The Final Chapter

THE BIG ONE HUNDRED! At last it's here - the final chapter! 10+ years in the making and the culmination of a label that's pioneered an entirely different genre of Hardcore that now stands proud on its own. Having nurtured countless artists over the years, showcased the underground productions of established members of the scene, and of course been the home to the head of the NEC, Kevin Energy himself, this is the fitting farewell we offer you. Two landmark mixes brought to you by Kevin Energy b2b A.B, with one mix showcasing the tracks from the past that have shaped the identity of Nu Energy, and with the other mix offering you upfront remixes from the most current NEC-associated artists of classic beats gone by. All the track singles are also available as part of the package - so that's a whopping 37 full-length tracks + 2 DJ mixes included in this final chapter of freeform! This album is a piece of Hardcore history and is our tribute to the music that has made Nu Energy the undisputed king of underground sounds since 1998. Let the beats live on by adding this historical album to your collection, and remain Freeform for the Hardcore forever...

Thanks for all your support from 1998 to 2011 – We could not have survived this long without you.

Click Here for Audio Clips!

Buy Links:

CLICK HERE TO GRAB YOUR COPY ON CD NOW FOR £8.32 + VAT!

CLICK HERE TO GRAB YOUR COPY ON DOWNLOAD NOW FOR £4.99+ VAT!

CLICK HERE TO GRAB THE INDIVIDUAL SINGLES!

Tracklisting:

Mix 1 - "Classics Remixed"

1. Gammer - Unforgettable Hope (Douglas Remix)
2. Douglas Feat. Rhona - Dreams Of Chaos (Fracus' Progressive Remix)
3. K-Complex - Cyberspace (Endemic Remix)
4. Nick 235 & Solution Feat. Rhona - Feeling Kinda Strange (Kevin Energy's Strange & Dark Remix)
5. Kevin Energy & Mark Ashley - Levitation (2011 Mix)
6. Kevin Energy & Safe n Sound - The Baptism (A.B & Amplitude Remix)
7. Proteus & Kevin Energy - London Helsinki Underground (Proteus' "Warcry" Remix)
8. Eryk Orpheus - PVC (Lost Soul Remix)
9. Kevin Energy - Chemical Terror (Obie Remix)
10. Kevin Energy - Waves Of Desire (Karl Future's Hardcore Jungilist Remix)
11. Two's Company - Dream (Eryk Orpheus Remix)
12. Kevin Energy - Take Me Up (Arkitech Remix)
13. Kevin Energy - Twisted Sanity (Darwin Remix)
14. Lost Soul Feat. Dark Angel - Sacrifice (Nick 235 & Solution Remix)
15. Kevin Energy - Hustler (2011 Mix)
16. Kevin Energy - Raver's Revenge (Impact Remix)

Mix 2 - "Classics Revisited"

1. Safe N Sound & Jonny Prophet - Guns N Hardcore
2. Mark Ashley & K-Complex - Atomic Orbital
3. Lost Soul - Payback Time
4. Duncan Oatham - Rock The Disco
5. Lost Soul - Plazma
6. Slippery Disco - Feeling High
7. Lost Soul - Dark Side Of The Moon
8. Cynista & Safe n Sound - Chemical Warfare
9. Oli G & Jessica - Miasma
10. Kevin Energy, K Complex & Sharkey - Anna (Cube::Hard Remix)
11. Ephexis & Seventy-7 - Psymbiosis (Blistering Breaks Mix)
12. Impact & Nomad - Utopia (Strings Intro Mix)
13. Sharkey & Eclipse - Mind Launch
14. Ephexis Vs Oli G - Spatial Inversion
15. Sharkey & Eclipse - The Warning
16. Carbon Based - Anger Ball (Kevin Energy Remix)
17. K-Complex - Adagio (2007 Mix)
18. Darwin, Obie & Mr. E - Future Shock
19. Eclipse - Devastator
20. Marc Smith - Encounters
21. Eclipse - Stairway To Brooklyn

Hard Beats HQ
Cabbage!
Cabbage!

Back to top Go down

Nu Energy 100: The Final Chapter - Out Now! Empty Re: Nu Energy 100: The Final Chapter - Out Now!

Post by Dyzphazia Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:59 pm

Ok, so i've had a listen through most of these tunes now.

They're pretty good, some obviously better than others. The classics cannot be beaten. Some of the new remixes i thought could have done with a little more.... Pzazz. I thought for a final send off to the UK's largest freeform franchise and record label would have done a bit more....

A slightly disappointing send off for NEC, in my opinion.
Dyzphazia
Dyzphazia

http://soundcloud.com/user217150

Back to top Go down

Nu Energy 100: The Final Chapter - Out Now! Empty Re: Nu Energy 100: The Final Chapter - Out Now!

Post by beezee Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:43 am

not listenned yet but can only see me using 9 or 10 of these tunes, will still get it though
beezee
beezee
Squash!
Squash!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/BEEZEE/342098682357?ref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by alex racket Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:51 pm

listening to it now, love the PVC and take me up RMX cheers
alex racket
alex racket
Cabbage!
Cabbage!

http://soundcloud.com/alex-racket

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Heaven Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:55 pm

Baah! Everyone seems to have received it today. My flat mate has the post box key, and he's not back from work until this evening. I want it now! No fair.
Red Heaven
Red Heaven
Turnip!
Turnip!

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Heaven Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:17 pm

Bad Ass release! Now I'm actually working my way through them, it actually strikes you just how many good tunes are actually on this release.

Sick stuff.
Red Heaven
Red Heaven
Turnip!
Turnip!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:47 pm

Fav tracks for me have to be (the remixes of course, the classics are all, well, classic Razz):

PVC
Cyberspace
Baptism
Sacrafice
Unforgettable Hope
Stray
Stray
Admin
Admin

http://www.freeformforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyzphazia Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Awe Stray, you've let me down!

The remix of Sacrifice is..... Not to sound horrible... Terrible.

There is no improvement on the original what so ever.

(Sorry to slate your remix, Jay, but i really don't like it!)
Dyzphazia
Dyzphazia

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:25 pm

I think it stays true enough to the original (and Lost Soul must be hard to remix as his originals are so fucking good), but they still manage to make it their own. Dark, driving, it's how I like my Freeform!

Also, methinks you won't like one of the songs I've got planned for my radio mix Razz
Stray
Stray
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyzphazia Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Dark and Driving is exactly what i like in freeform! I just didn't like what Jay (Solution) did to Sacrifice... The original is one of my fave NEC tunes of all time... I bought 3 copies on Vinyl, 1 for me and 2 to give away to friends when it first came out its that awesome. lol Smile
Dyzphazia
Dyzphazia

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Heaven Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Okay, of the remixes;

PVC - I'm stunned at how good this track is. I absolutely adore the original, and would have thought it was impossible to improve it. But I think Lost Soul has only gone and bloody done it. It get's better every time I hear it.

The Baptism - Again, love the original, a lot. And A.B. has just done enough to it. I'm going to be playing this tune quite a bit I reckon.

Feeling Kinda Strange - Already got this, on the Nick 235 release, but I think it needs saying again how good this remix is. Kev goes and does something like this, then leaves us. Damn shame.

And Dyz, I do get where you're coming from with regards to Sacrifice. When Nick announced him and Jay were remixing this tune, I was expecting big things. Don't get me wrong, it is still a top tune, and Nick and Jay are producing some bad ass stuff at the moment. If they could have combined the kind of feel they got on Terrorist with Sacrifice, that would have kicked some balls.

Nu Energy 100 though, I'll say it again, amazing release.
Red Heaven
Red Heaven
Turnip!
Turnip!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyzphazia Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:49 am

Agreed Red Smile
Dyzphazia
Dyzphazia

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:53 pm

I still think the build up in Sacrafice is awesome. That bit just makes the song for me.
Stray
Stray
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down