Freeform
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The obligatory introduction thread....

+10
reTriever
JayHH86
beezee
archefluxx
Dyzphazia
Qygen
DJ Triex
HAC
Kixta
Stray
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The obligatory introduction thread.... Empty The obligatory introduction thread....

Post by Stray Sat May 14, 2011 2:31 pm

Every forum has one, so I figured I may as well make one here. This is the introduction thread. Tell us about yourself.

I suppose I'll start. I'm Stray, love my freeform (obviously or I wouldn't have made this forum) and I'm a smart ass, I'm sure you will all get used to it. I'm 28, been into hardcore for well over 10 years. I work in car sale (so I must be dodgy Razz), and have 2 boys (4 and 2) and have a little girl due this September (sorry guys from the NEC forums the whole name thread was useless as it's not going to be a boy after all).

OK, I've done the whole intro thing (and I NEVER do that on forums) so it's your turn.

Last edited by Stray on Sat May 14, 2011 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sticky)
Stray
Stray
Admin
Admin

http://www.freeformforum.net

Back to top Go down

The obligatory introduction thread.... Empty Re: The obligatory introduction thread....

Post by Kixta Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:22 am

Hi I'm Kixta. I live in Melbourne Australia and just heard Freeform recently. I saw this site from the Nu Energy Collective website and joined to talk with people who can tell me more about this music.
Kixta
Kixta
Turnip!
Turnip!

Back to top Go down

The obligatory introduction thread.... Empty Re: The obligatory introduction thread....

Post by Stray Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Hey mate, welcome to the forums. Good to have another Aussie too, I'm in Canberra myself.
Stray
Stray
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HAC Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:55 am

I'm here! Just a quick hello to let you know there is more life on the forum. however it is late right now and I am very tired. My name is Jason and I live in the united states. I promise to post a better, more detailed "introduction" later. probably tomorrow. Very Happy

HAC
HAC
Turnip!
Turnip!

http://www.fateconspires.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:58 am

Welcome Jason glad to have you on board. Look forward to your detailed intro tomorrow Razz
Stray
Stray
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HAC Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:06 pm

Ahh good sleep! Picked up hardcore in 1998 after a friend of mine took me to my first Rave and ive been a big fan since! took up DJ'ing in 2000 even tho I haven't done much with it until recently. I'm a 29 years young and love me all kinds of hardcore! freeform is by far my favorite niche. i'm not much for the Cheesy rainbow puke these days lol! Looking forward to chatting to some folks on here! anything else you want to know feel free to ask.
HAC
HAC
Turnip!
Turnip!

http://www.fateconspires.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Ahhh you beat me by 1 year (both in age and in raving years). I went to my 1st rave in 99. Back then I actually loved the cheesy happy stuff, but these days I'm not a huge fan, too many pop song rip offs. Hence why I made this forum Cool . Look forward to talking some nonsense with you too HAC.
Stray
Stray
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Triex Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:13 am

I thought I posted here! Maybe I'm just insane. Haha

Well anyway - hello everyone! My name is Triex, and I'm from Brisbane, Australia. I enjoy moonlit dinners, and long walks on the beach... Kidding!

I produce a few genres, and have been producing since around 07/08. DJ'ing since around 2010, which is when I actually got serious with music. Recently I've been engineering my own style of 'J-Core influenced Freeform'. Smile I've actually got my own style going, which totally has me happy Razz!

I also run RuffBeatz Entertainment, ie (for now) a digital distribution label, and events company. Our aim is to get lesser known but talented producers music out and listened to, there's way too many people who make amazing music - but don't try to market it the right way. We have a few big names on board, and helping out. Feel free to check out http://RuffBeatz.com/artists if you're interested! (Though I need to update that)

Oh wow, that ended up longer than expected!

I don't know what else to say.. So.. Feel free to ask if anything you'd like Razz!

Nice to be here Very Happy!
DJ Triex
DJ Triex
Turnip!
Turnip!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:20 am

Welcome Triex, good to have you posting now Razz. I found Ruffbeatz a while ago when S3RL uploaded surfing bird - glad I clicked the buy now link to get to your page! heaps of quality stuff there (I gave the site a mention in the Free Freeform thread).

Also, seeing as your from Brizzy I better say this for Wednesday - Go the Maroons!
Stray
Stray
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Triex Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:48 pm

Stray wrote:Welcome Triex, good to have you posting now Razz. I found Ruffbeatz a while ago when S3RL uploaded surfing bird - glad I clicked the buy now link to get to your page! heaps of quality stuff there (I gave the site a mention in the Free Freeform thread).

Also, seeing as your from Brizzy I better say this for Wednesday - Go the Maroons!
Hehe, no problem. I've just been out alot lately, so haven't had time to settle down at a computer!

Ah thats awesome. Yeah, he's helped way too much with the label! <3 him. &Glad you dig our stuff!
Thanks for the mention by the way~ bounce Very Happy

Haha, I wonder who'll win. I usually don't follow it much, but.. This time I have been Razz!
DJ Triex
DJ Triex
Turnip!
Turnip!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:05 pm

No probs for the mention, I don't know if you remember but you gave me some really good advice with music production (if only I had more patience for it Razz) on your Ruffbeatz forum a fair while back so glad to help Smile

And Queensland will def win. I live in Canberra and have all my life but it's not NSW, so I figure I can go for whoever I want and I'd rather live in QLD so I go for them. I was actually going to move up to Brizzy about 5 years ago but then we had a kid so put plan off a while, when my youngest is about 6 or 7 I still plan to move up.
Stray
Stray
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Triex Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:53 am

Stray wrote:No probs for the mention, I don't know if you remember but you gave me some really good advice with music production (if only I had more patience for it Razz) on your Ruffbeatz forum a fair while back so glad to help Smile

And Queensland will def win. I live in Canberra and have all my life but it's not NSW, so I figure I can go for whoever I want and I'd rather live in QLD so I go for them. I was actually going to move up to Brizzy about 5 years ago but then we had a kid so put plan off a while, when my youngest is about 6 or 7 I still plan to move up.

Aw, hehe. I think I do remember indeed. Smile

Probably! I guess we'll see, hehe! Aw, shame. You should get in contact with me when you move up! Would be cool to meet up/chill/have some drinks etc. Wink
DJ Triex
DJ Triex
Turnip!
Turnip!

Back to top Go down

Post by Qygen Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:12 am

Hi everyone, I'm Qygen. I'm 20 and I've been listening to hardcore techno for half of my life, though I've been around music since as long as I can remember. I produce music just as a side hobby and I love doing it. I never intend to make it a career, but I still think it would be awesome to go to a rave (which I've never been to yet) and hear my song rock the dance floor. Razz Though in the United States all the people my age tend to listen to this pop garbage they play on the radio, so to this day I don't know anybody who's into freeform or hardcore. That's pretty much it about me...peace.
Qygen
Qygen
Turnip!
Turnip!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:37 am

Welcome Qygen. I was the same as you a while ago with none of my friends into Freeform. We all went to the same raves, they would piss off to the Trance arena and not see me all night as I was in the Hardcore room Razz. I managed to convert a few of them though.

I'm sure one day you will hear one of your tunes on the dancefloor, some of that stuff on your SoundCloud is awesome (I'm really digging that psycore stuff), so it's just a matter of time Wink
Stray
Stray
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyzphazia Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:54 am

Hey I'm Chip,

Been into Freeform since around 2007, my friend came back from a hard dance event after seeing Proteus sporting a gorgeous brand new vinyl of Lush (Carbon Based Remix). So that was my first instance of Freeform.

I've been listening to UK Hardcore (properly) for the last sorta 5 years or so. My older brother and Sister however were into hardcore and the rave scene in the mid 90's. So i've been around it quite a bit Smile

I'm from Leicester in the UK. If any of you lot from britain were into hardcore in the 90s you've probably heard of Diehard @ the Dielectric Club. Oldskool shizzle Wink

I'm not so much into Freeform at the moment, Trance has me... Well entranced. I still retain my passion for Freeform, but with the rate that tunes come out, its easy to keep ontop of whats going on Wink

I'll post up some of my older mixes up on Zippyshare as i don't have the soundcloud space because im skint Very Happy
Dyzphazia
Dyzphazia

http://soundcloud.com/user217150

Back to top Go down

Post by archefluxx Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:21 am

Hey guys, I'm Olly

I've not got a long history in hardcore. Started hearing it in 2006, started producing in 2008.

Ive had plenty of free releases, and the odd label release, which I'm proud, and I'm happy with how things are going.

My inspiration for production comes from many things... Hardcore is a small scene, and I have made many friends. I want to contribute to the scene and also do what I enjoy the most - produce Smile

I've come on to the forums here because I generally love freeform. To me its more technical, and detailed. It conveys meaning through sound rather than vocals. I dont produce it much. Its a very technical style of music, and I dont set out to recreate any specific styles.

Erm, in general I'm 20 from Essex. If all thinsg go to plan I'll be moving to Portsmouth in September. Smile
archefluxx
archefluxx

https://www.facebook.com/archefluxxUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:20 am

Welcome Olly & Chip. Good to have you guys here Smile

Good to see your siblings influencing you Chip Razz. I got my little sister into hardcore, she's kind of moved into DNB now but it's better than the Spice Girls etc she was into before I expanded her music. And you do know you can make a free SoundCloud account don't you? You have a limit of 2 hours if you don't pay but you can still put up a mix or 2.

Olly I love your reasons for getting into the music. If everyone was in the music for the right reasons the sound would flourish more than it does now. And you should really make more Freeform. The stuff of yours I've heard is all really good, and every track you make (Freeform & UK) gets that little bit better.
Stray
Stray
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyzphazia Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Stray wrote:And you do know you can make a free SoundCloud account don't you? You have a limit of 2 hours if you don't pay but you can still put up a mix or 2

Yup, i have 3 soundcloud accounts for different genres Wink

Dyzphazia - Hard/Breaks/D&B
Supernova Remnant - Trance
Psylokk vs Nova - Psytrance

I just dont have the space on any of them to re-upload anything old >.<
Dyzphazia
Dyzphazia

Back to top Go down

Post by archefluxx Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:04 pm

I have about 8 soundcloud accounts! Very Happy

Archefluxx (Filled to the brim with newer stuff)
Archefluxx Archive 1 (Filled to the brim with older stuff)
Archefluxx Archive 2 (Amassed a total of 2 listens)
Your Dreams (So that people can 'follow' them LOLOMDAIZ)
Ekkotekk (A collaborative project with Ozmium)
NewFastLane (Drum&Bass Projects, even though I never produce DnB)
Thunderwave (Just for mix project that I never got round to doing because college was too heavy Sad )
archefluxx
archefluxx

https://www.facebook.com/archefluxxUK

Back to top Go down

Post by beezee Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:26 am

ladies! gents!

im sam aka beezee, im from manchester but been living down near swansea for the past year with my amazing wife, my freeform life has only really lasted about 3 years, ive always been a proteus fan since way back when but i never really ventured away from hard dance with my djing, i actually started mixing hip hop at college in 2001 but i was really crap and it started to bug me so i made the seemless move to erm trance lol, played trance for about 3 years then really started to get into hard house courtesy of the mighty lab4 who kind of introduced me to nrg. i played my 1st dj set in 2003 at a mates 18th to about 50 people, there was some tit that kept trying to hog the decks tho which ruinned it a bit, i then managed to start getting some small night bookings around manchester playing a mixture of hard dance, mainly hard trance and continued to do so til about 2008, played in liverpool and manchester mainly but also in london. not played out for about 2 years but havent had the time or effort to put myself about til now, especially now im fully commited to freeform. got my eye on a few nights who ive sent demos to recently so im waiting on there replys Smile
beezee
beezee
Squash!
Squash!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/BEEZEE/342098682357?ref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by JayHH86 Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Hello Gang!

Stray and Olly know me pretty well, but for the rest of you - I'm Jay, and just your average Hardcore fan. I'm not far off 25, and have been listening to Hardcore since roughly 2003. Bought my first decks in February 2009 after I got a bonus at work - splashed out on some epic Monitors, some CDJ800's and a DJM400. Never played out or anything like that, but I'm at a reasonable level now. Give me a shout if you want to hear any mixes.

In terms of Freeform - I've only really consciously been getting involved over the last six months. I've always liked the occasional track, but never actively paid attention to the Freeform scene. That will change from now on though. Seems like I've picked a turbulent time to get involved - what with all the NEC closure business and stuff.

The only other thing probably worth mentioning is that I run a cheeky little site (glorified blog, essentially) called Hardcore Highlights. There's a chance you may have heard of it, or already use it. If not, here's the URL: http://hardcorehighlights.com/

The site is designed to spread free tracks and DJ mixes. All tracks featured are full, unmixed DJ friendly 320kbps files, and are legitimate free tracks. I haven't had a count in a while, but I think in total there's comfortably over 400 free tracks now.

Yeah, that's it. Look forward to getting to know some of you guys, and absorbing as much Freeform knowledge and know-how as I possibly can!

Cheers!
JayHH86
JayHH86
Turnip!
Turnip!

Location : From London, but currently chilling out in Vietnam.

http://hardcorehighlights.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyzphazia Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Hai Jay Smile Welcome buddy!
Dyzphazia
Dyzphazia

Back to top Go down

Post by JayHH86 Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:58 pm

Dyzphazia wrote:Hai Jay Smile Welcome buddy!

Oh Hai Chip! Thanks man!
JayHH86
JayHH86
Turnip!
Turnip!

Location : From London, but currently chilling out in Vietnam.

http://hardcorehighlights.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by reTriever Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:03 pm

Hey, I'm Petteri
Started listening electronic music @ 2003 and found freeform @ 2005..
2005 was finnish freeform golden age when there was active producers like: Alek, Carbon Based, Pain on Creation, Rx etc.. I was totally influenced by finrg
2006 i wen my first event and it was awesome maybe coz proteus were playing and i get in with fake id Very Happy
My musician career started 2004 when i was playing keyboard on a metalband with my friends.. That doesn't last long coz my mates wanted to play covers and i like'd more to make own stuff..
2006 finally found reason and started to learn how it work's. I learned all by trying what's happening with each trigger ;D and after few years i were getting better. After i have been learning techniques @ internet and i know pretty much how to make good track, but usually i just create it fast and i don't be precisly with equing and mixing..
I'm very clad that i have found freeform and i want get to know people that love's freeform as i do Smile
Appreciate this forum!
cheers
reTriever
reTriever
Turnip!
Turnip!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:17 pm

Hah Petteri nice late intro from you Razz Late welcome nonetheless! Kudos on getting in with a fake ID lol, always feels good pulling that one off (though it has been a looooonnnggg time for me since I had to, showing my age much?).

Glad you like the forum, and getting to know other Freeform heads was one of the main reasons I made this site. The other reason was so artists & promoters, both established and underground, can promote their stuff and make sure that Freeform never dies!
Stray
Stray
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next