Freeform
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freeform Forum - Looking forwards (and backwards)

2 posters

Go down

Freeform Forum - Looking forwards (and backwards) Empty Freeform Forum - Looking forwards (and backwards)

Post by Stray Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am

Hi everybody.

Just thought I'd post something about why I started this forum, and what I'm doing with it.

Let's start at the start. I made this forum when I heard the NEC was closing. NEC has been a massive part of Freeform, and I wanted to make a place where all Freeform producers, DJs and fans could come together, showing while one (albeit big) company closed that Freeform would never die! I also made it because I use the NEC forums quite a bit and I needed a good forum to talk about Freeform, and thus this site was born.

I'm quite happy with how it's going. I think every user here (the one's that post anyway Razz) brings something good to the forum. From the big names who've joined to the independent producers/DJs, to the fans that just want to talk Freeform, everyone here has made this forum as I see, a success.

I'm doing a bit to get more people here, but I'm doing it slowly as I don't want to spam all over the place and piss people off Razz. Just to let everyone know what I'm doing/ planning to do to keep these forums as active as possible:

PMing through SoundCloud - I'm going through SoundCloud to find peeps involved in Freeform or just fans of the tunes and inviting them to join. It's a long process, I send each message individually and SoundCloud makes me wait a little while between messages.

Emailing labels - I've started emailing labels that release Freeform to invite them and their artists to join. Should be finished this week. If anyone has any suggestions of labels I should contact let me know.

Forums - 1st thing I did was make a thread on a few Hardcore related sites to let people know about the forum. The take up was pretty slow due to low activity on this forum then (which is to be expected with a new forum). I'll be making another thread in a few weeks to draw more peeps here now that the forums are cranking a bit more. I'm also making a thread weekly in a few other forums with a link to the releases of the week threads I make (check last weeks here if you haven't already) because people seem to be interested in reading them. If anyone has anything they want me to add to those threads, or the "Putting the Free in Freeform" ( https://freeformhardcore.forumotion.com/t23-putting-the-free-in-freeform-thread-links-to-awesome-free-freefrom-downloads ) thread let me know through this forum or email freeformforum@happyhardcore.dj

Facebook - After I finish the SoundCloud messaging I'll be inviting people through Facebook to join. I'm saving this till after the SoundCloud thing because I want this forum as active as possible before I go to Facebook so people are more inclined to join.

I'm also planning on making a YouTube account soon showcasing what the producers that are members here are making. Any submissions of video clips can be sent to freeformforum@happyhardcore.dj or you can PM me links if they are on the net somewhere and I'll upload them, good way to promote both this site and the work you guys do. I'd also like to start a series of "Freeform Forum" mixes, where the mixes are made up of 100% tunes produced or remixed by members of the forum. If anyone wants to do one of these mixes let me know, I'm planning to make a MixCloud account to upload them all to, again as a way to support the site and you guys.

So I have my hands quite full lol. If you guys want to help, there are 2 big ways to keep this forum pumping. 1st is just to keep posting. The more you guys post the more we all have to talk about, and the more inviting the site looks to people who haven't joined yet. The 2nd is word of mouth, let your friends know, post on Facebook, SoundCloud & other forums. You can also add the signature I have here to your other forum accounts by clicking the link in my siggy. The more people spreading the word the more people will join.

Well, if you read ALL that thanks. And thanks for joining and posting on these forums, it's because of you guys I'm glad I made this place cheers

Last edited by Stray on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Stray
Stray
Admin
Admin

http://www.freeformforum.net

Back to top Go down

Freeform Forum - Looking forwards (and backwards) Empty Re: Freeform Forum - Looking forwards (and backwards)

Post by Red Heaven Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:44 am

66 users and counting. It's coming along nicely.

It was a very short time ago, when it was about 15, this isn't gonna take that long to get relatively big.

Great idea.

(Although I'm still a turnip. Crying or Very sad Wish I was Broccoli, that's way cool, they look like little trees! Yay! Little trees!)
Red Heaven
Red Heaven
Turnip!
Turnip!

Back to top Go down

Freeform Forum - Looking forwards (and backwards) Empty Re: Freeform Forum - Looking forwards (and backwards)

Post by Stray Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:55 pm

Yeah man I'm really happy to see it keep growing. Members keep joining and it is starting to get more active. I have a few things in mind to keep promoting it, will start them soon. But for the meantime, keep spreading the word, sharing on other forums/social media and send invitations to anyone you think may be interested Smile.
Stray
Stray
Admin
Admin

http://www.freeformforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down